ABL careersQuality Inspector
Air Bearings Limited (ABL) are a world leading innovative manufacturer of air bearing solutions, used across the engineering spectrum; whilst we are based in Dorset, we provide real world solutions globally.
Due to expansion, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Control Inspector to join us at a busy and exciting time; This is a permanent, full-time position, working within a friendly and supportive team.
You will join our small, friendly and supportive quality team.
What ABL will offer you?
- Salary is Dependant on Experience
- 4 Day Week (Monday- Friday, 38 hours per week, early finish on Fridays!)
- Flexible Start Times & Flexi-time scheme
- Competitive Pension Scheme (6% company contribution)
- 190 hours plus bank/public holidays (equivalent to 33 days)
- Long Service Holidays
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- External Training Opportunities
- Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
What will the role involve?
- Support the daily inspection and measuring of precision machined parts, ensuring compliance with company specifications, using precision measuring equipment (both manual and computer aided equipment).
- To learn and use appropriate tools to aid identifying problems, data collection and evaluation, root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive actions.
- To work closely with other departments/suppliers/customers when investigating production issues and work to achieve their successful resolution within acceptable timescales
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company.
What will you require?
- Inspection experience is essential. CMM experience is desirable, however experience using manual measuring equipment (Vernier’s, Micrometers etc.) is essential.
- Sound practical knowledge of manufacturing quality control methodologies, preferably within a high-precision environment.
- An understanding of Geometric Tolerance application and interpretation of engineering drawings, and machining practice
- Experience of inspecting parts made through CNC machining, manual turning, grinding.
- IT literacy – competent user of Microsoft Office Packages
- Good general awareness of computers and associated metrology software programs is desirable
- Be well organised with the ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines.
- Be a Self-motivated team player
- Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
If you are interested in any of our positions, or require further information, please apply or email our HR Manager Anoushka Dawson. HR@airbearings.co.uk
Air Bearings Ltd
Unit A Nimrod Way
East Dorset Trade Park
Ferndown, Dorset BH21 7HZ
+44 (0)1202 680 805
Make an Enquiry
Click here to contact us and enquire about our services