ABL careersQuality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
Air Bearings Limited (ABL) are a world leading innovative manufacturer of air bearing solutions, used across the engineering spectrum; whilst we are based in Ferndown (Dorset), we provide real world solutions globally.
Due to expansion, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join us at a busy and exciting time; This is a permanent, full-time position, working within a friendly and supportive team.
What ABL will offer you?
• Salary is Dependant on Experience
• Monday- Friday (38 hours per week, early finish on Fridays!)
• Flexible Start Times & Flexi-time scheme
• Competitive Pension Scheme (6% company contribution)
• 190 hours plus bank/public holidays (equivalent to 33 days)
• Long Service Holidays
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Free Parking
• Company Sick Pay Scheme
• External Training Opportunities
• Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
What will the role involve?
• To lead the resolution of matters associated with Customers, Suppliers, management and production operators on issues of a technical/quality nature
• To lead the implementation of statistical tools and techniques where appropriate to establish capable processes that ensure the quality and reliability of ABL products to customer requirements
• To lead the development of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability
• Implement procedures for the maintenance of quality standards (which may be set by external bodies) and inspection systems
• To drive initiatives within production to investigate and resolve quality failures and make recommendations to achieve required standards
• To develop and deliver, relevant training programmes for company quality initiative
• In conjunction with the Quality Supervisor, lead on the implementation of improvements, and of resolve quality issues resulting from the recording, collation and analysis of data
• To work closely with other departments and suppliers to investigate quality issues and work to achieve their successful resolution within acceptable timescales
• To implement and facilitate the use of appropriate tools to aid problem definition, data collection and evaluation, root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive actions
• To conduct process and system audits, recommend improvements where necessary, and monitor their implementation
• To assist in the general work of the Quality Department as necessary
• From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company.
• Promote all aspects of Quality Assurance within the ABL business on a daily basis to maintain a culture of continuous improvement and customer focus
What will you require?
• To be considered for this role, experience within a similar Quality Assurance role is essential
• Demonstrate a sound, practical knowledge of manufacturing quality assurance methodologies within a high-precision environment
• Be experienced in hands-on training/coaching
• IT literacy – competent user of Microsoft Office Packages
• An understanding of Geometric Tolerance application and interpretation of engineering drawings, and machining practice is desirable
• Good general awareness of computers and associated metrology software programs is desirable
• Be well organised with the ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines.
• Be a Self-motivated team player
• Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
If you are interested in any of our positions, or require further information, please apply or email our HR Manager Anoushka Dawson. HR@airbearings.co.uk
Air Bearings Ltd
Unit A Nimrod Way
East Dorset Trade Park
Ferndown, Dorset BH21 7HZ
+44 (0)1202 680 805
Make an Enquiry
Click here to contact us and enquire about our services