ABL careersMaintenance Operative
Air Bearings Limited (ABL) are a world leading innovative manufacturer of air bearing solutions, used across the engineering spectrum; used across the engineering spectrum; whilst we are based in Dorset, we provide real world solutions globally.
We are expanding and are recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Operative to join us at our new site in Holton Heath; This is a permanent, full-time position, working within a friendly and supportive team.
What ABL will offer you?
- Short Week- Monday to Thursday (38 hours per week) – No weekends!
- Overtime Available (paid at time & half)
- Flexible starting times
- Competitive Pension Scheme (6% company contribution)
- 190 hours plus bank/public holidays (equivalent to 33 days)
- Long Service Holidays
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistant Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- External Training Opportunities
- Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
- A friendly and supportive environment to work in
About the Role:
What will the role involve?
- Topping up, draining and replacing CNC machining fluids
- Removing metal chips or filings from machinery
- Tidying workshop floor, washing floors and cleaning spills
- Cleaning and packing components
- Some basic general buildings maintenance tasks as and when needed
- Some deburring of machined components as and when needed
- Ensure the appropriate level of stock consumables at the site is maintained
- Assisting machinists
- Travelling between 2 company sites within 0.2 miles of each-other to provide support where required.
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the Company.
What will you require?
- Must be at least twenty five years of age with a minimum of one year’s driving experience
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Be a Self-motivated team player
- Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- IT literate
If you are interested in any of our positions, or require further information, please apply or email our HR Manager Anoushka Dawson. HR@airbearings.co.uk
Air Bearings Ltd
Unit A Nimrod Way
East Dorset Trade Park
Ferndown, Dorset BH21 7HZ
+44 (0)1202 680 805
Make an Enquiry
Click here to contact us and enquire about our services