CNC Turner Setter/Operator
Air Bearings Limited (ABL) are a world leading innovative manufacturer of air bearing solutions, used across the engineering spectrum; used across the engineering spectrum; whilst we are based in Dorset, we provide real world solutions globally.
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Turner Setter/ Operator to join us at a busy and exciting time; This is a permanent, full-time position, working within a friendly and supportive team.
What ABL will offer you?
- Competitive Salary DOE
- 4 Day Week (Monday to Thursday, 38 hours per week) – No weekends!
- Overtime Available (paid at time & half)
- Flexible starting times
- Competitive Pension Scheme (6% company contribution)
- 190 hours plus bank/public holidays (equivalent to 33 days)
- Long Service Holidays
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- External Training Opportunities
- Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
- A friendly and supportive environment to work in
What will the role involve?
- To safely operate and Traub and Mazak machines, enabling the smooth manufacturing of components from production drawings and documentation
- Ensure the timely production of parts to pre-determined deadlines.
- Self-inspect your components using state of the art inspection equipment (CMM, Opticline, Legex, Hommel, MAHR) to determine if they meet quality/customer specifications and taking action to correct any defects.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within Cell area – together with other Cell Members, ensuring a safe working environment
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies.
- To take an active role in company initiatives such as continuous improvement, quality initiatives or new manufacturing systems and processes as they are introduced.
- Work together with colleagues in a considerate and respectful manner.
- The post holder will also be expected to carry out any other duties which may reasonably be within the competence of the post holder.
What tolerance will I work towards?
You will work to the tolerance of up to 1 micron – so if you want to be skilled in precision engineering – this is the role for you!
What will you require?
- You will be an experienced CNC Turner with a proven experience of setting and operating Traubs and Mazak machines, record in the relevant industry.
- Experience using measuring equipment
- Experience working from engineering drawings and work order/process control documents is essential
- Time-Served is desirable, but not essential
- Be a Self-motivated team player
- Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise your workload
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- IT literate
- Right to Work in the UK
If you are interested in any of our positions, or require further information, please apply or email our HR Manager Anoushka Dawson. HR@airbearings.co.uk
Air Bearings Ltd
Unit A Nimrod Way
East Dorset Trade Park
Ferndown, Dorset BH21 7HZ
+44 (0)1202 680 805
Make an Enquiry
Click here to contact us and enquire about our services