Air Bearings Limited (ABL) are a world leading innovative manufacturer of air bearing solutions, used across the engineering spectrum; whilst we are based in Ferndown (Dorset), we provide real world solutions globally.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Grinder to join us at a busy and exciting time; This is a permanent, full-time position, working within a friendly and supportive team.
What ABL will offer you?
- Competitive Salary DOE
- 4 Day Week (Monday to Thursday, 38 hours per week) – No weekends!
- Overtime Available (paid at time & half)
- Flexible starting times
- Competitive Pension Scheme (6% company contribution)
- 190 hours plus bank/public holidays (equivalent to 33 days)
- Long Service Holidays
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- External Training Opportunities
- Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
- A friendly and supportive environment to work in
What will the role involve?
- Setting and oeprating CNC Cylindrical Grinding machines (Windows and Fanuc controlled machines) such as Studer S36, S31, S20’s, S11’s and Studer Favorit, alongside CNC Surface grinding machines such as J&S Ultramat machines .
- You will be grinding a variety of components of varying sizes i.e. Shafts, Bodies, Bearings, each day, with a busy workload that varies daily.
- Grinding components made from Stainless Steel, Aluminium, leaded bronze and Inconel
- Self-inspect your components to engineering drawings, using state of the art inspection equipment (CMM, Opticline, Legex, Hommel, MAHR) to determine if they meet quality/customer specifications and taking action to correct any defects.
- You will be confident to perform multiple set ups per day- the longest cycle time you will have is 20 minutes, so being able to multitask and work at speed is a must!
What tolerance will I work towards?
You will work to the tolerance of up to 1 micron – so if you want to be skilled in precision engineering – this is the role for you!
What will you require?
- Be an experienced CNC Grinder with a proven track record in the relevant industry.
- External / internal grinding on J & S universal manual grinders and manual surface grinders would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience using Studer machines is desirable
- Time-Served is desirable, but not essential
- Be a Self-motivated team player
- Ability to operate with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with employees at all levels
- IT literate
- Right to Work in the UK
If you are interested in any of our positions, or require further information, please apply or email our HR Manager Anoushka Dawson. HR@airbearings.co.uk
Air Bearings Ltd
Unit A Nimrod Way
East Dorset Trade Park
Ferndown, Dorset BH21 7HZ
+44 (0)1202 680 805
Make an Enquiry
Click here to contact us and enquire about our services